SAFETY AND SECURITY at Turquoise Trail Charter School Safety and Security A Resource for Parents
'working together to keep our children safe'
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We know you share our belief that safety and security is of highest importance in our school.
The following guidelines will ensure that your child is as safe as possible.
- Do Not come to the school during an incident.
- Parents and the community will be given as much information as possible through the local media and the TTCS website www.ttschool.org.
- If you must speak to someone, call 505-986-4000, the TTCS mainline.
- In an evacuation, your child will be escorted to a safe site. To find out when and where to pick up your child, listen to local media or check the TTCS website. Students will only be released to parents or an authorized adult at the relocation site at the earliest possible time.
Shelter In Place
All Students are sent inside and all buildings are secured until the Head Administrator gives the 'All Clear Signal'
Shelter in Place is used to protect students and staff from potential dangers such as:
- Gas Leak
- Hazardous Material Spill
- Severe Weather Conditions
No One In, No One Out
All students will remain in classrooms or supervised areas until the 'All Clear Signal.' The perimeter of the school is secured so that no one can come in or go out . No movement permitted.
Lockdown is used when there is a perceived threat such as:
- Armed Intruder
- Hostage Crises
- Special Police Operation
Everyone out of the Building
All students and staff will be moved to a sage school building or off-site location. The administrator will give directions.
In an evacuation, your child will be escorted to a safe site. To find out when and where to pick up your child, listen to local media, or check the TTCS website. Students will only be released to parents or an authorized adult at the relocation site at the earliest possible time.
An evacuation might be ordered when there is:
- Bomb Threat
- Major water leak or sewer back up
Practice Makes Perfect
Our school has regulations for the number of drills for all procedures to make sure all students and staff know exactly what to do in the case of an emergency.
How You Can Help
- Make sure your emergency contact numbers are up to date with the School
- Make sure your child's pick up list is up to date with accurate phone numbers
- Are you signed up to receive free text message notifications from the school? Text "yes" to 68453
Please do not park in Fire lanes or Bus Loading Zones
You could be ticketed and the fine could be $300 or 90 days in Jail!
For more information about TTCS Safety Programs, contact us: 505 986 4000