To apply you must drop off an application in person.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER PRE K-12.pdf
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER We require a substitute teaching license or regular teaching license, a PED background check, and at TTCS you must be 21 years old with at least a High School diploma or equivalent. Please review the PED requirements for a substitute teaching license on the PED licensing website at http://ped.state.nm.us/Licensure/index.html Our 2017/2018 substitute teacher pay scale is Substitute Teacher w/o BA degree - short term $84/day Substitute Teacher w/ BA degree - short term $95/day Substitute Teacher - certified teacher - short term $100/day Substitute Teacher w/o BA degree - long term $100/day after 10 days at ST rate Substitute Teacher w/ BA degree - long term $108/day after 10 days at ST rate Substitute Teacher - certified teacher - long term $116/day after 10 days at ST rate
- Direct the learning to accomplish curriculum objectives and goals as implied in the lesson plans for projects, lessons or units assigned
- Make use of instructional procedures and materials which are most suitable for attaining lesson goals
- Go through the attendance recording process to comply with the procedures of the school
- Ensure an orderly and tidy classroom, keep tables and chairs well-arranged and provide a clear view of learning materials
- Adhere to all procedures, guidelines, and policies followed by regular teachers in line with recommended teaching procedure
- Ensure a sustainable relationship with parents, students, school personnel and members of the public by communicating in a confidential, polite and refined manner.
- Assume duty schedule for any teacher they substitute for
- Substitute Teacher license or Teaching license from the State of New Mexico
- Successful completion of a background check
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work 7:45am – 3:15pm, Monday – Thursday. 7:45am – 1:15pm Friday.
- Work is contract based, on an “as-needed” basis
- Ability to comply with written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to create an efficient working relationship with other personnel
- Proficiency in maintaining efficient classroom management skills
- Full capability to provide instruction while the regular teacher is absent
Interested applicants should apply IN PERSON at Turquoise Trail Charter School Turquoise Trail Charter School is an equal opportunity employer
TTCS provides the same benefit packages and salaries as regular “district" schools in NM.
TTCS does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.