February 16th Lottery Closes
February 19th President's Day, no School
February 20th Tasty Tuesday
February 21st Lottery Drawing
February 21st to 27th, Talent Show Sign ups
February 22nd GC Meeting, 5:30pm
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER We require a substitute teaching license or regular teaching license, a PED background check, and at TTCS you must be 21 years old with at least a High School diploma or equivalent. Please review the PED requirements for a substitute teaching license on the PED licensing website at http://ped.state.nm.us/Licensure/index.html Our 2017/2018 substitute teacher pay scale is Substitute Teacher w/o BA degree - short term $84/day Substitute Teacher w/ BA degree - short term $95/day Substitute Teacher - certified teacher - short term $100/day Substitute Teacher w/o BA degree - long term $100/day after 10 days at ST rate Substitute Teacher w/ BA degree - long term $108/day after 10 days at ST rate Substitute Teacher - certified teacher - long term $116/day after 10 days at ST rate
- Direct the learning to accomplish curriculum objectives and goals as implied in the lesson plans for projects, lessons or units assigned
- Make use of instructional procedures and materials which are most suitable for attaining lesson goals
- Go through the attendance recording process to comply with the procedures of the school
- Ensure an orderly and tidy classroom, keep tables and chairs well-arranged and provide a clear view of learning materials
- Adhere to all procedures, guidelines, and policies followed by regular teachers in line with recommended teaching procedure
- Ensure a sustainable relationship with parents, students, school personnel and members of the public by communicating in a confidential, polite and refined manner.
- Assume duty schedule for any teacher they substitute for
- Substitute Teacher license or Teaching license from the State of New Mexico
- Successful completion of a background check
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work 7:45am – 3:15pm, Monday – Thursday. 7:45am – 1:15pm Friday.
- Work is contract based, on an “as-needed” basis
- Ability to comply with written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to create an efficient working relationship with other personnel
- Proficiency in maintaining efficient classroom management skills
- Full capability to provide instruction while the regular teacher is absent
Interested applicants should apply IN PERSON at Turquoise Trail Charter School Turquoise Trail Charter School is an equal opportunity employer
TTCS provides the same benefit packages and salaries as regular “district" schools in NM.
TTCS does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Reading Specialist and ELD Teacher
One full time position, or part time combined with other open instructional positions as needed. Title I reading teacher with assignments to cover ELD instructional program in multiple grades. The Title I reading program helps targeted students achieve grade level proficiency in reading. Reading endorsement strongly preferred. TESOL or Bilingual endorsement required.
Gifted teacher, and ELD teacher
One 0.8 position, 50% Gifted, 50% ELD teaching. Gifted teacher for 30-40 students, providing services 2-3 day per week in a pull-out program for multi-age groups. Additional responsibilities include ELD (Bilingual) instruction. NM Gifted endorsement required. TESOL or Bilingual endorsement preferred.
Classroom teacher - 3rd or 4th grade
Two full time positions. Early childhood, Elementary or K-8 teaching license required. Responsible for a self contained classroom with 22-24 students. Daily planning period allows for weekly grade-level team meetings. National Board Certified teachers given preference, with a Master’s degree and TESOL or Bilingual endorsement preferred.
Special Education Case Manager and/or Department Supervisor
One full time position. Will primarily work with students in grades PreK-6, at level 3 or 4 (more than 60% of the school day in special education) in a “pull out” setting. Must have or be eligible for a NM Special Education License for K-8, with a masters degree preferred. Experience with Autism, LD and reading differences preferred. Behavior issues experience preferred. TESOL or Bilingual endorsement required.
Employs effective instructional methods and materials, appropriate to the needs of the students
Administers standardized tests in accordance with School schedules and requirements
Create daily lesson plans that demonstrate clear objectives for student mastery of established curriculum
Provides meaningful feedback to students and parents via frequent and documented assessments
Coordinates delivery of instruction with other staff as required under individual learning plans
Fosters a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and student growth
Ensure a sustainable relationship with parents, pupils, school personnel and members of the public by
communicating in a confidential, polite and refined manner.
Assume duty schedule as required
Seek opportunities for personal learning through continuing education offerings
Teaching license from the State of New Mexico
Successful completion of a background check
Ability to create an effective working relationship with School personnel
Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects, and coordinate details with others
Demonstration of effective classroom management techniques using 21st century classroom skills
We are a New Mexico public school, and we offer a generous benefits package as a State employer.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com Turquoise Trail Charter School is an equal opportunity employer
Maintain and protect our facilities. It is important for a custodian to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning and tidying the premises, as well as preventing vandalism. Job Ad - Custodian.pdf